Monday, April 6, 2009

Mother/Son laser tag

Friday night, at Garrett's school, there was a mother/son laser tag event. It was an outdoor event so it was much different than the indoor type. I had no idea how the event was going to be conducted but once I got there I found out that our bracelets had numbers and that was the group that we were in. We were in group 3 so we had to wait for groups 1 and 2 to go before us.

To pass the time, Carl's J.R. was there grilling hamburgers for the hungry moms and sons. Oh, and did I mention that it was pretty windy and cooold. Of course, I forgot my jacket and I didn't feel like driving the whole two minutes home to get one. So, I just stood there talking and freezing my you know what off.

Finally, after about 45 minutes we are called to the white tent to watch a video and have a demonstration of what to do with our guns. The whole time I'm listening I just keep thinking that there is now way Garrett is going to remember what the gun sounds like when it's all out of ammunition, in fact, I don't even know if he knows what that means.

Then it is our turn and we have to make two teams. We decided to do kids against moms. So, we grabbed our headbands, yes, I said headbands! Picked out our guns and attached the little knob-like sensors to each side of our headband. Seriously, the only thing that was missing was the leg warmers and Olivia Newton-John singing "Let's get physical".

In our fight gear!


All in all, we had a great time. I did notice that Garrett kept running to the guys in charge to help him with his gun. Poor little thing, we only got nine lives on our gun and he probably ran out pretty quickly. Oh and did I mention that the Moms won!

No comments: